On the Fifth Day of Christmas...
Welcome to my 12 Days of Christmas!
I have gone a little crazy with Christmas Decorations. I DIY'ed some very cute hearts to add to our tree.
DIY Woolen Tree Ornaments
I finally realised the other day that my twelve days of Chirstmas actually starts soon. So in the classic Alice fashion I started planning and freaking out, and made these ornaments. The idea came from a Pinterest scroll and looked super easy so I thought I'd give it a shot.
You just need:
- strong cardboard
- super glue
I found a little bit of super glue helped me out in sticking the final bits together, you could use normal glue but it will take alot longer to dry and may not hold it tight enough for you.
1. Cut out a piece of cardboard in the shape you want the ornament to be.
2. Start by super gluing one end of the wool to the cardboard (near an edge or on a corner).
3. And go for gold, in wrapping the cardboard in the wool.
4. Once you are satisifed by the coverage of the wool you can cut it off and super glue the final end into a seam or gap.
5. I then cut a small piece of wool about 10cm long, and super glued it in a loop to hang it from the Christmas tree.
I tried two different shapes, a tree and a heart. The tree sticks out like a sore thumb on the tree and looks a little bit gumby because I made it too big and wrapped a little too much wool around it. The heart on the other hand looks really cute! I made it a really good size and didn't wrap too much wool like I did with the tree shape.
I hope this little post gave you some inspiration for your Christmas decorating. XOXO
Stay Excited, Be Joyful and Merry Christmas.